HOME - ATTORNEY PROFILE
Licenced and Admitted In
• Illinois, New York and New Jersey.
• U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
• U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
• U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
• Juris Doctorate from The John Marshall Law School
• Master’s Degree in International Relations from C.W. Post University
• Bachelor of Arts in Government and Politics from St. John’s University.
Memberships and Certifications
• Member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
• Member of the American Bar Association
• Member of the Nassau County Bar Association
• Member of the New York State Bar Association
• Founding board member of the American Association of Russian-Speaking Attorneys
• Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2014 – 2020
Attorney Julia Sverdloff is the founder and owner of Sverdloff Law Group in Chicago, Illinois. A top-rated attorney with more than 12 years of total legal experience, Ms. Sverdloff focuses her practice solely on immigration law, and she provides unmatched counsel and support to clients throughout the greater Chicagoland region and all across the globe who have legal needs involving any of the following:
- Family-based immigration
- Citizenship and naturalization
- Adjustment of status
- Fiancé and K-1 visas
- Removal of conditions
- Green cards and lawful permanent resident matters
- Nonimmigrant visas
- Consular processing
- Deportation and removal defense
As an immigrant herself, Ms. Sverdloff fully understands the struggles and challenges so many face when trying to seek a better life in the United States. As such, she delivers exceptional advocacy throughout all legal proceedings to protect her clients' rights and entitlements at all turns, and she has achieved remarkable success helping her clients obtain their goals and the favorable outcomes they expect and deserve efficiently and cost-effectively.
Honored for her outstanding professionalism and service, Ms. Sverdloff has earned consistent top rankings and endorsements from her peers. Each year since 2013 Julia Sverdloff has been selected as an Illinois Super Lawyer® “Rising Star” for immigration, placing her among the top 2 ½ percent of up-and-coming attorneys selected.
Because of her knowledge of the complex and changing area of immigration law and dedication to her clients Ms. Sverdloff received 10 out of 10 client ratings on Avvo along with the site's Clients' Choice and Top Contributor awards.
A 2003 graduate of St. John's University, Ms. Sverdloff received her master's in international relations from C.W. Post University in Brookville, New York, in 2004. She then attended The John Marshall Law School in Chicago, where she obtained her Juris Doctor in 2007. She holds her license to practice in New York and New Jersey as well as in Illinois, and she is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York, and U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey.
Ms. Sverdloff also holds her license as a mediator, and she has facilitated a number of mediations involving a wide range of legal issues. She is an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), a professional immigration bar of more than 15,000 attorneys and law professors, among her other professional affiliations. Fluent in Russian, she also helped establish the American Association of Russian-Speaking Attorneys.
A leader in her field, Ms. Sverdloff also served as adjunct legal professor at The John Marshall Law School, and she has written extensively and conducted numerous lectures and seminars on a variety of legal topics.